Still the same child...

 

Dear past self,

It’s me, replying to the letter you wrote to me 5 years ago. If you are curious about that letter, go here: Letter to future me I am exactly at the age which you described in the letter.

You know what? 30 is not the age of maturity at all; instead, I feel detached, bewildered, and unsettled. These years have taught me a lot. Sometimes I gave up, sometimes I pushed forward without knowing what consequences it would bring.

I tried to be strong and resilient. I learned to laugh it off. I learned to hide everything behind my smile. But I couldn't teach my eyes to hide anything.

Five years ago, you were scared to ask about love. Yes, I have failed, as you expected.

I stopped caring about others. However, I couldn’t stop judging myself.

I am not fragile anymore. Thanks to the countless disappointments and failings I've experienced, I gained immunity. I am still short-tempered and prone to tears.

I still haven’t found where I belong. The confusing labyrinth becomes larger as I get older. I've lost hope of finding the exit.

I want to confess: It has been, and still is, so hard to pick up all my broken pieces. Maybe that’s why I chose psychology - to heal myself first before healing others.

Dear younger me,

I forgive you. The mistakes you made, the heartbreaks you had were fine. I am proud of you. I hope that you are also proud of me.

Happy birthday!

From Humay

With love,

7th February 2024

Comments

  1. Life is very fragile and unexpected. What you think what’s happening is always different. This is the mystery which nobody know why it’s like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment